Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Blogging with Chocolate

I am worn out. Today required all my energy and patience, and despite having to occasionally bite my lip to keep from crying exhausted tears, I did pretty well. I even managed to pull off a few fun activities with the kids. Knowing that tonight was supposed to be my night out helped. But I had started to count the minutes until Camden came home this afternoon, when Lane soaked me in spit up from my chest to my crotch. Luckily that was less than a half hour before his daddy rode in on his white steed and helped me make dinner. It was during dinner, while I was trying with all of my being not to throw Miles into the dumpster outside, that I told Camden that the only thing keeping me from going to the Hallmark store and buying myself chocolates was the fact that I was in my jammies. I hadn't even finished the sentence when Miles, his mouth FULL of quinoa, sneezed. Naturally, it flew across the table and into my face. I stood up, grabbed the keys, told Camden where I was going, and went to the Hallmark store in my blue plaid jammie pants and Camden's red Old Spice shirt without a backwards glance. And now here I sit, a box of chocolates and my Sara Bareilles Pandora station sweetly serenading my ever-so-desperately-needed, long overdue retreat into blogging. [Insert loooong, dramatic sigh here.....]







2 comments:

Shauna said...

Quinoa sneezes are the WORST. So glad you went out even though you were in your jammies. Sometimes we mommies just need that. You have some seriously adorable little guys at that place.

Jenna said...

Good for you Ams! Miles is so cute in his little video. Love ya!