I like to make a big deal out of special days, with Valentines Day being no exception. I just love coming up with small ways to show my family that I love them. The morning of Valentines Day I made pink grits with pink ham and heart-shaped eggs. It was a hit.
We made a GIANT snowman! I really need to figure out how to do this without breaking myself while trying to hoist the middle snowball on top of the bottom one. I had to kick and hack away at the thing until I even had a prayer of lifting it. And then I broke myself.
Party that night. We dipped strawberries in chocolate and then rolled them in different toppings. We had sprinkles, mini chocolate chips, and sliced almonds.
I made a special "I Love You" cake for Jarett and Miles to share. Jarett felt very loved.
Side story:
A month or so before this, Camden took me on a date to a TOTALLY AUTHENTIC Chinese food place. One bite and I was transported back to mission days in Taiwan. So fun!!! I wanted to return the favor for Camden. I remembered him mentioning delicious English trifles, so I searched high and low for an honest-to-goodness, English trifle recipe. I had to combine elements from several different recipes, but the result was pretty great, and Camden was highly impressed.
This was fun. Heart-shaped ice cubes made from grape juice in sparkling cider.
The best thing about Valentines Day is my valentine. Love you, sweetheart.
2 comments:
LOVE! You are so creative. And your hair is so excellent. I am in love with it.
You are so fabulous! And everything you make in the kitchen is beautiful. You guys have such a cute little family.
Post a Comment