The following happened around the middle of March: I guess we never took a picture to document it (poor second child), but Miles successfully busted his chin wide open in the bathtub and had to get 5 stitches in the ER. Quite the traumatic night for both him and his mama.
All the rest of this occurred in April and May:
Jarett got a big boy bike!! He is officially the happiest boy on the planet.
Miles was awfully quiet one morning. Here's why...
Showing off the hair cut I had done in GA. Loved it.
Camden decided to expand our family by feeding this stray cat while the boys and I were away. How kind of him. This adoption turned out to be a couple days worth of foster care before she scratched both kids for no reason and I kicked her out on the street.
(Sorry about the shakiness of the first video. I was trying to keep Miles from jumping on the cat.)
Uncle Colin is a missionary now. Guess who inherited his very rugged remote control car? The boys are in heaven.
Jarett gave his first talk in Primary! Well, let me rephrase that. He memorized a lovely talk for Primary. The day of the talk he couldn't wait to get up to the microphone. When he did, he wouldn't say a word. Ah, well. I was still proud of him.
I was especially proud because he wasn't asked until late on the Thursday afternoon before he was supposed to speak the upcoming Sunday. I was also not thrilled (with that time frame to work with) to learn that his topic was "The Priesthood was restored to the Earth by heavenly messengers."
Oh, and two months after this occurred, he still repeats that talk word for word. In fact, the other day at church, a Primary leader stopped me in the hall to tell me that they were getting ready for a kid to go up to give her talk when Jarett said, "I have a talk today!" There was some panic and confusion among the leaders, but it turns out Jarett just wanted to share his old talk. Cute!
What?!?! I don't have any daughters, okay?
A friend gave us this fo'-real tuxedo when Miles was way too small for it. Unfortunately, he never got to even try it on until he was way too big for it. Oh well. He's still quite the stud muffin in it, if you ask me.
What with our last second GA visit and all, we missed Easter at home. We made up for it at the end of April. Had some friends over, made a full spread Easter dinner, and finished it up with an egg hunt. The kids ate the Skittle inside as soon as they picked up each egg.
Enjoying our front yard, where we don't spend much time because of close proximity to the road.
While Jarett is a genius child, he has trouble with creative imagination stuff. But one day he made this Triceratops out of homemade play dough. And I was proud.
3 comments:
So many good pictures!! I LOVE the tux and the indented pinky pictures. And your hair is SO cute! It's like you were born to have that haircut. I would never change again if I were you. Pretty flowers in your front grass too.
You are an excellent blogger. So much good stuff! Your children are adorable. And Miles is a total stud in that tux. JARETT IS A GENIUS. I seriously can't believe that he had that whole thing memorized. Especially for 2 months. He's smarter than me I think... Also your front yard is gorgeous. Just lovely.
Your boys are so cute! Jarett did a great job with his talk, he talks so well now. I especially like it when he says the priesthood. Such a cutie! And I agree with Shell, your hair is super fabulous.
Post a Comment