Thursday, September 1, 2011

Getting to Know Miles

Lest anyone think that I've fallen off the face of the earth, here I am. I do feel as though I've stepped onto another planet these last couple of weeks. Our world around here has been turned upside down. Sweet baby Miles Andrew was born 2 1/2 weeks ago on August 15. He is the dearest little guy ever. He's very predictable and easy to read. He sleeps well and eats like a champ! He melts his mama with his dimples (one in each cheek) and loves to practice holding up his head. While pregnant, I worried so much about how I could possibly love another child as much as I love Jarett. As soon as Miles arrived, though, I knew I had the room in my heart.


I think this is one of the most breathtakingly beautiful pictures I've ever seen.


Finally in my arms


Meeting Grandma Henderson

Visiting Mama in the hospital the day after


Jarett's first impressions of his baby brother


First family of four picture


To Jarett, the real attraction at the hospital was the field of cows he could see from the window.


Miles enjoying some quiet time with Mama

big brother

our sweet boys

Oh, I think we'll keep him.


squeaky clean after his first bath at home


Some other time I hope to post the delivery story. Maybe in another 2 1/2 weeks I'll have time to sit down again...

6 comments:

Shauna said...

Oh Amber! He is so beautiful! I love all the pictures! The picture of you and Jarett together at the hospital is so cute. And I love the picture of Miles in the boppy. You have some seriously adorable kids. And hang in there! You'll feel back on this planet before you know it!

ViAnn said...

Oh Amber, he is adorable. I think he looks a lot like his big brother in these pictures. I like the picture of Jarett meeting Miles in the hospital and the one with them together on the couch. I have this feeling they are going to have some great times together down the road. Get ready!

Bri said...

Precious. Adorable. Beautiful. BAH I WISH I WAS THERE! And I'm sure you're already a GREAT mommy for 2 little darlings. I love youuuuuuuuuuu!!!
bri

Beck said...

You have got the sweetest little family ever. I cannot wait to meet the little guy!

TsingHai said...

look at how happiness you are, both Amber and Camden

Jenna said...

Such a sweet baby! I'm so glad that he is finally here!!!